Interior Design Consultant
Interior Design Consultant - Integrity Home and Cottage
The Interior Design consultant is responsible for suggesting and implementing design ideas that incorporate both functionality and aesthetics the client’s residential space.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Analyzing the function of the space, defining the client’s needs and goals, identifying the style, establishing the budget, as well as provide detailed design and finishing plans.
- Provide suggestions for interior decor elements as well as sourcing these items. Elements can include colours, paints, fabrics, furniture, window treatments, appliances, fixtures, and lighting.
- Interface with the project management and construction teams to ensure that execution of the design recommendations are implemented flawlessly and in a timely fashion.
- Manage client expectations of scope, schedule and budget both prior to start of the project as well as during the course of the project execution
- To lead the client through the design and finishing details of the project inclusive of selection and sourcing of design elements for the client space
- Ensure the project is on time, on budget and exceeds the expectations of the client
- To bring energy, enthusiasm and creativity to all assignments as well as the culture of the department
Specific Responsibilities of the Job:
- Conduct a pre-consultation meeting with the client to understand the needs and expectation of the client.
- Prepare a design plan for the project that addresses the deign objectives of the client inclusive of budget and product sourcing.
- Utilize visual aids (Reference materials, samples, sketches etc.) to assist the client in articulating design preferences.
- Communicate with the client on an on going basis during the course of the project.
- Provide the client with timely estimates for services and materials provided.
- Interfacing on a regular basis with the project management team, construction team the architectural design team during the course of the project.
- Ensure that all materials and services provide are incorporating in client invoicing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Design imagination, used for selecting décor elements such as finishes inclusive, but not limited to, tiles, flooring, lighting, fabrics, colours, etc.
- Proficient in the use of computer aided design software
- Excellent sales ability and should be confortable selling people on ideas and products
- Knowledge of products, materials and architectural history
- Effective communication skills, for working with suppliers, contractors and clients
- Able to create and manage budgets
- Able to work with different personality types
- Willing to keep up with industry changes, such as manufacturers processes and materials
- Able to handle professional criticism that may be delivered without tact.
- Enjoy advising clients
- Customer-centered approach to work activities
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft project
Education and Experience
- Demonstrated technical knowledge the residential construction industry
- Completion of a post secondary education within the Architectural field
- Archicad software skills
- BCIN registered would be an asset
- Work is primarily a weekday job however meeting with clients on evenings and weekends can be required.
- Travel may be requires meet with clients on design sites, in their homes or in shops in order to review materials
- Should be flexible when working with others.
- Must have the capacity to manage the pressure of deadlines, idiosyncrasies of clients as well as the demands of the construction and project management teams.
The Interior Design Consultant is expected to lead in the development and maintenance of a professional work environment that is both respectful of clients and employees alike.
The Interior Design consultant must provide leadership to projects and bring design knowledge, attention to detail and commitment to timelines in order to exceed the expectations of both the external client as well as internal stakeholders.